The purpose of the scholarship is to encourage a high standard in the study of drawing, painting and sculpture. Acceptable categories include life painting, figure drawing (nude), composition, landscape, and any other examples of your work you see fit.
The Jaizki Arteagabeitia Fund is open to any student who is going to study any year, semester or term of their full or part-time program. Applicants must be enrolled or planning to enroll in the full-time or part-time program . Applicants do not need to be accepted into the Program at the time of application, but if selected for a scholarship, proof of acceptance will be required.
Twenty scholarships will be awarded and will cover between 40% and 20% of the total cost* of tuition for the Program.
*These scholarships cover €4000 (on average) of the cost of tuition for the Core Program.
Important: as a scholarship student you must carry out a series of tasks, including maintaining order and cleanliness of the classrooms, preparing the set up of the model, helping in workshops, helping teachers, etc.
The scholarship has the duration of the nominal study period (from the start date to the end date) of
the program for which the scholarship recipient was selected up to a maximum of 1 academic year.
The scholarship recipient must:
– Accept the scholarship and pay the rest of the program before the indicated deadline – the MAA reserves the right to withdraw the offer of a scholarship if it is not accepted by the indicated deadline.
– Join your academic course on the indicated start date and before the registration deadline.
– Be available to attend the Program.
– Make every effort to successfully attend the Performance Program and make satisfactory progress .
– Follow the rules and regulations and instructions of the Madrid Academy of Art.
– Comply with Spanish laws.
- 3 high-resolution images of your works produced in the last 2 years.
- A personal statement. Maximum 250 words about yourself.
- Scholarship Application Form.
- Attending a personal interview that will be conducted by the Scholarship Committee of the Academy.
The Scholarship Committee will be in charge of deciding which applications meet the eligibility requirements established in the bases of this announcement.
Once all the required documentation has been submitted and the different interviews have been passed, each of the applications will be resolved individually. As soon as the number of favorable resolutions reaches the total number of scholarships available, the sending of applications will end.
This collegiate body reserves the right to request further documentation or clarification from any of the applicants, so that within a period of 5 business days they correct the lack or attach the required documents, indicating which, knowing that their request will be otherwise be withdrawn.
The request for additional documentation will be made by written notification through the communication channels indicated in the scholarship application.
The final resolution of the Scholarship Committee will be notified personally to the applicant. The decision made by the Chancellor to this effect is not subject to appeal.
Terms and Conditions
- The Madrid Academy of Art is not responsible for applications not received through the application website.
- Scholarships are non-transferable.
- The Madrid Art Academy is not responsible for the duration of the visa process or the release of the corresponding visa for entry to Spain by the Spanish consular authorities in the countries of the winners.
- The Madrid Academy of Art reserves the right to cancel or modify the scholarships and these terms and conditions without prior notice in the event of catastrophe, war, civil or military unrest, act of God, or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation. . or any other event beyond the control of the promoter. Any change in the scholarships will be notified to the participants as soon as possible by the academy.
The Madrid Academy of Art may decide to withdraw the scholarship at any time if:
– it becomes clear or there is reasonable doubt that the fellow will not be able to successfully complete the program within the nominal period of the fellowship.
– the fellow is not available full-time to follow the program without interruption during the nominal period of study.
– the fellow does not comply with these obligations or rules and
Regulations and / or instructions of the Academy of Art of Madrid.
– the scholarship recipient fails to comply with applicable immigration procedures or is unable to obtain a visa for any reason.
– the fellow provided information in the application form or attached documents (which formed the basis for selection) that is found to be inaccurate or
makes a false statement of any kind.
– the trainee commits a crime.